Monday, August 5, 2013

Trip to Zombieland

Six Flags New Orleans
Abandoned fun house ride in Six Flags: New Orleans
In my effort to do more blogging, I wanted to talk about a trip I made to New Orleans, about a year ago. New Orleans is a really fun city, and has a lot of neat things to see and do while you're there. However, there are a few things that aren't advertised as attractions that take some effort to get to. In 2005 before Hurricane Katrina, Six Flags closed down and never re-opened to the public.

It's not haunted or anything crazy like that, just abandoned, and super cool! To answer the first question on your mind: Yes, this is not legal to visit. For the ones brave enough to venture in, it's a dream of abandoned, grungy awesomeness. I unfortunately didn't get to stay long enough to get a lot of shots, much less ones I'm proud to show off. I hope I get to make a return trip before this place is tore down, it's quite the memorable place.

For more of my work, be sure to visit my site. Rob Brewer Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment